Don't Drive and Drive
It's Prom Night...do you know where your kids are? Prom and Graduation season are upon us, and that means it's time for celebrating! Make this a time you CAN remember by staying alcohol and drug free. Encourage your kids to make healthy and safe choices on Prom and Grad night. Let them know you care.
Parents....talk to your teens. They will listen. Prom is supposed to be fun, but with alochol involved it becomes deadly and life changing! Don't pretend your teen knows this, or "gets it". Take them out to dinner and TALK! Encourage them to have the night of their lives...and give them great ideas for fun, that'd don't involve alcohol. Most importantly, tell them how excited you are for them...and tell them you love them.
* The leading cause of death for those ages 15-20 is a car accident.
* According to the National Traffic Safety Administration and the National Center for Statistics and Analysis, 31% of all 15 to 20 year olds had been drinking when killed in a car accident, and 25% of them were alcohol impaired.
* The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports twenty-three percent of teenage drivers in fatal car crashes possessed a blood-alcohol concentration (BAC) level above the legal limit of .08 on the breathalyzer test.
* One teenager is killed every hour due to drunken driving in the US
* 75% of teenage drivers involved in a drunken driving accident did not wear their seat belts.
* Take your kids to a late-night diner all dressed up and order fries and a milkshake; it'll hit the spot and they'll love all the attention they get!
*Buy a bunch of one-use cameras, pass them around to their friends friends, and set a goal to use every last picture before the night is through!
* Host a "Cranium" or "Act One" party at someone's house; don't forget to have lots of sodas, chips, and dips.
* Host a karaoke party at your house, in a friend's barn, or at a local Elks or Rotary lodge.
* Have the kids go to an arcade or amusement park with with a group.
* Ask your local YMCA if you can plan an after-prom basketball tournament.
* LAMB'S THRIFTWAY POST PROM PARTY: Head over to Lamg's Thriftway, and stock up on great items like Mission Tortilla Chips, Reser's Burrito's-Taquitos-Tamales, Reser's Salsa, Lay's Potato Chips, Reser's Chip Dips and Nabisco items like Ritz Crackers and gold ole' fashioned Oreo Cookies!
* PAPA JOHN'S PIZZA POST PROM PARTY: Feed your teens pizza. Pick them up yourself, or have them delivered...but after the kids get back from Prom, have somehot, delicious Papa John's Pizza ready for their all-night consumption! And don't forget Papa John's other great delights: wings, cheese sticks, bread sticks and MORE!
* BURGER KING POST PROM PARTY: With their drive-thru open late, stopping by Burger King by the Hillsboro Airport, in Cornelius, Sherwood, McMinnville or Scapoose is the perfect idea! Whoppers, fries, shakes, chicken fries...you name it...and BK will be a great addition toyour Post Prom party!
Text your kid! Get on to Promperfect.org or CLICK HERE to have a text automatically sent to your teen on prom night, reminding him/her to have a wonderful time, but be safe, don't drink and drive...and never get in a vehicle with a driver that has ANYTHING to drink!
Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD) http://www.sadd.org/
Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) http://www.madd.org/
Prom Perfect http://promperfect.org/
Safe and Sober Prom Night http://www.safesober.com/
Forest Grove King City/Newberg